At Duratherm, we are continuously identifying, prioritizing, implementing, and monitoring all opportunities to improve our operational efficiencies in order to reduce our carbon footprint.
Our Commitment to Sustainability
At Duratherm, we are continuously identifying, prioritizing, implementing, and monitoring all opportunities to improve our operational efficiencies in order to reduce our carbon footprint. We are committed to strengthening our role as a concerned corporate citizen of our community.
The logistics of sustainability is an important effort, with a payoff at the end. In the rush of day-to-day business, our effort at sustainability has been one of the most fulfilling and satisfying aspects of our business. It helps our employees, our leadership team and our clients. It enhances every project and enriches the communities we serve. Sustainability means better business. It brings the highest technologies into our production and management systems. It also increases awareness of our company’s impact and increases efficiencies.
Our aim to reduce our waste to zero, carbon neutrality, automation, and enormous energy cost savings all have given us a competitive advantage that grows every year. And in many cases, our commitment to sustainability has increased our customers’ satisfaction. We assist them in achieving the ratings and credits to qualify for tax savings and other benefits through our knowledge of lumber sourcing, certifications and LEED standards.
- Durabrique – a compressed log of wood from waste products that is an excellent, clean-burning briquette for wood stoves and wood boilers. In the case of Duratherm itself, the Durabrique initiative supplements the building's traditional heating systems, reducing the use of heating oil by 10,000 gallons a year.
- Company-wide composting and recycling
- Using low-VOC finish products, minimizing the use of solvents
- High-efficiency, variable-speed compressors that sense the demand for air,
reducing overall compressor use by 50 percent
- Installation of energy-efficient T-8 fixtures
- A state-of-the-art technology finish room incorporating SolarWall® technology to provide clean, pre-heated air from the sun
FSC® Certification (FSC-C1089949)
The Forest Stewardship Council® Chain of Custody component verifies that forest products come from well-managed forests. The Forest (Land) Management component includes water quality, biodiversity, wildlife habitat and species at risk.
LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design)
This internationally recognized certification is now the standard for “green” building construction and operation.
LEED also forces a life-cycle consideration to the bottom line, encouraging architects, owners, manufacturers, and contractors to look at each project’s life-cycle costs and impacts rather than just the short-term profit or loss.